8.03.2010

a FULL load

Okay so this is the literal example of a FULL load, but lately I've had a FULL load.

We are busy. Poor little Linley practically lives in her stroller and car seat. I swear we're always on the go, and it definitely doesn't help that we're commuting to Salt Lake every single day. Good thing she's so easy going. I keep thinking things will slow down soon, but I'm not sure I see an end in sight.

You should have seen our closet, bathroom, bedroom, living room, kitchen before I finally had a minute to tidy up. I never thought I would leave the house or go to bed without everything put away, the bed made, the laundry done. I guess I'm proving my mother right. She kept telling me things would change when I had a baby. I still remember the day I asked her not to put waters in the refrigerator because she wasn't making sure they're all straight. It's pretty funny, because now I'm lucky if I even get waters in the refrigerator.

Isn't it funny how we change? How we deal with situations differently as we experience more?

I think if I was bored silly we'd have a problem. I think busy is good. I'm learning though, that if I'm going to busy I've got to find ways to take a breather. I've got to stop and take a minute to read Linley a story, or crawl around the floor with her. This week it also meant putting Linley to bed and staying up for a couple hours doing laundry, cleaning, and regrouping.

How do you regroup? How do you deal with having a FULL load?

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart! You do look busy! I feel the same way lately. If it's not one thing it's another. I am also the kind of person who likes to have order and all the water in the fridge straight ha ha! But, with two little ones I am also learning that "me" time and "kid time with mom" don't necessarily have to be scheduled in, but they need to be priorities. I have found myself more and more letting the laundry stack up and then for "me" time I watch a show while I fold mountains of laundry. I also try to make sure I tell each of the kids more than once each day that I love them and give them a hug. That really seems to help keep things in perspective. Sorry this is long winded. Excellent post.

    ReplyDelete