8.22.2010

Sleep Training: Round 7

Documenting every round is getting a little old, so I'll stop soon, but I wanted to make sure I remember how it went. Maybe it will give me more desire to start earlier with future children.

We've been working on getting Linley down earlier, and we had the Bishopric coming over at 7:30 so we got her in the bath before that. I think you're technically only supposed to have a 30 minute bedtime routine, but she didn't get put down until 8:30 PM. Still earlier than normal though.

She cried for maybe 5 minutes with Darin in the room. And, she's still asleep. Just hoping she doesn't wake up multiple times through the night.

Being mentally prepared is the most important thing, and reading up has been helpful too. It's not a fast process. I'm learning that, but hopefully it will be worth it. It's already paying off.

Have I mentioned how nice it is to have a few hours to myself (or with my husband) at night? I can get used to this!

3 comments:

  1. Good Job! And yes it is nice to have time to yourself and with the hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the sleep training and you'll think you've died and gone to heaven when she sleeps all night, 12 hours without waking up once!
    Glad you went with that book. I have read 5 sleep books cover to cover and that was the best one in my opinion. I couldn't do it either for the longest time but my kids go to bed happy and wake up happy daily and I swear by having them go to sleep themselves and a routine.
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you guys are doing great. Glad things are getting better. We will be in SG on the 13th of Sept. till the 29th so if you guys are going down call me, and maybe we can get together. Also can't wait to see the laundry room make over...

    ReplyDelete