8.15.2011

Shopping for a Boy ...


I was feeling nervous at first, and a little sad because it seemed like every store I walked into had darling baby girls clothes. In fact, I was at Gap the other day and there were the most adorable little leopard newborn shoes that I would have snagged in a second - but I'm figuring out a few things when it comes to shopping for a boy - and I am actually really enjoying it.

I had a dream the other night that both he and I had nothing to wear home from the hospital. I've got plenty of time until then - but I'm happy to report at least he'll have some new duds to wear home from the hospital. I've been almost giddy looking in the boy's section.

I'm not a fan of characters or animals on clothes, and clothes have to be comfortable - so here are some of the basics I've picked up - on sale. From Gap ...



And, like I said I don't usually love animals on things - but I thought this little get up was cute from Naartjie ...




What are your favorite tips for shopping for a baby boy? Any favorite places? Favorite deals?

8 comments:

  1. This is off subject but, i'm debating whether to try natural childbirth with this next baby and was wondering if you were going to do the bradley method again and if so do you have any recommended reading?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shopping for boys is tough! The selection is so much smaller, everywhere you go especially if you don't like character stuff. (I'm with you on that, I don't buy character stuff for Will.) I've found that it's tough to find stuff that lasts through what a boy does to his clothes. Quality is much more important than quantity with boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dillards has some cute stuff, I get Westbrook a ton of little t-shirts and shorts from the sale rack even. Like five buck shirts and they are so cute. I also love AE 77. It is only online but they have cute cute baby boy stuff. I am like you when it comes to boy stuff, I am super picky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so hard to shop for boys! I am the same way, not a big character fan for the most part. I usually hit up the outlets in park city. The Volcom outlet has really cute stuff, but doesn't start until 2T. Baby GAP is always great though, I really like Old Navy too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend absolutely loves littleruler.com for her little guy as well as 77kids.com. H&M always has cute stuff too and they are supposed to open at Fashion Place in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know boys are a whole new shopping experience. The gap is a staple. I am the same way I hate animal stuff. I love quicksilver. Tjmaxx always carry's a bunch of quicksilver stuff. Children's place has little ties only during easter, christmas, and school. Never liked the girls stuff there but they are the only place for little ties. Narrtjie has stuff every once and awhile you just have to check. Hope some of this helps. Can't wait to see the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with Gap -- watch for markdowns on Wednesdays. I also love H&M because they have great basics for great prices. Occasionally Old Navy has a few things. Target seems to be great for older boys, but I haven't found anything for James in 0-3 month size that I've loved.

    ReplyDelete