6.20.2010

Courtney ...


I left Linley unattended for just a minute the other day at Darin's office, and she managed to pull everything out of my diaper bag. It was kind of nice because it kept her occupied for a while!

I clean out and switch my diaper bag fairly regularly. I get tired of the same bag, and stuff just seems to accumulate. My bag, on this day was in need of a good clean out. But, I thought it'd be fun and since everything was already out of my bag to show you what's in my diaper bag. So, here it is. My perfectionist self wishes I would have cleaned out my bag and then taken pictures, but here goes from left to right ...

Nursing Cover: I love my nursing cover and it comes in handy when I nurse in public, which is most of the time. Sometimes, I even use it as a car seat cover. The brand is bebe au lait and I love it because the fabric is soft, and a corner on the inside is terry cloth which comes in handy to clean up milk mustaches.

Wallet: Hobo wallets are my favorite. I bought this one more than 5 years ago. It's looking a little rough, but it does the trick.

Manicure Kit: I can't tell you how many times I snag a nail or need to file a nail when I'm out and about. This comes in handy.

Diapers: Enough said.

Pacifier Wipes: I love these. They are perfect for cleaning a binky that's fallen on the floor. They are made by The First Years and they are safe for baby. They are made with food based ingredients.

Lipstick: This is one of the areas I've reduced since I took these pictures. I used to carry around this big case when I was working, because I never knew what color I'd need. Now, I just carry around one lipstick and one liner as well as a mirror.

Wipes: Enough said.

Change of Clothes: It's happened to most of us, right? You get somewhere and your baby has a blowout. I like my extra set of clothes to be something soft, so it can double as pajamas if you're out late and want your babe to fall asleep on the drive home.

Burp Clothes: These are nice to have on hand.

Toiletries: I always have extra baby products in my bag. I reduced this section of my bag after I took these pictures. Who needs two lotions, and two baby washes? I like to have baby wash and baby lotion at the very least. I also carry around a Tide To Go stick and a sample of perfume.

Toys: You can never have enough of these to keep a baby occupied. I try to change them out regularly so there's always something new to play with.

Binkys: This is way too many. Like I said earlier, somehow they just accumulate. I like to have at least 3 binkys because they're always getting lost or falling on the floor, etc.

Food: I like to have snacks on hand, and a sippy cup. I also like to have a bib, a spoon, and some baby food.

Work Papers: I don't need to haul these around in my bag.

Camera: I never leave home without my camera.

Miscellaneous Papers: Again, clean out!

Pearls: I took these off, and stuck them in a pocket of my bag and totally forgot about them. Clean out!

Gum, Pen, Chapstick: These items are essential.

I've added some items also. Advil, hand sanitizer, and lotion.

I'd love to know ...
What's in your diaper bag?

Wouldn't it be fun to post pictures?
Email pictures and descriptions to:
mostlyamommy@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. So fun! I did this on my other blog about a year and a half ago. It would be fun to go through again and do this. Do you want people to send you what's in their bag so you can post it here or on their own blogs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute new blog. I like it. Good title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny that we have the same purse and wallet...

    ReplyDelete