8.21.2010

Sleep Training: Round 3

Round 3 started great. She wimpered when I put her in her crib, but no screaming. I was excited. I sat in the rocking chair and she just smiled at me. She reached a little, but was pretty content. I decided it might be better if I left the room. When I did, she started screaming.

I went back in. Content. Smiling.

Leave the room. Screams.

I decided to stay out. She screamed for about 45 minutes. Now, (as I'm typing this) she is asleep.

I couldn't help but take pictures. Again, they pretty much tell the story.














That's the last picture I took before leaving the room for good. Haven't been back in. All I know is that I don't hear anything. Crossing my fingers this starts to work!

I was hoping Darin would be here to help with this Round since he made it so easy last night, but he's not so I'm dealing.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my...I am sure by now you know you are not alone. We did this with Hunter but I really thought I was the only one. You sound like you guys are doing good. Keep it up. We just started Hudson right off the bat and have never had a problem. I learned the hard way with Hunter. You are really strong to stay in the room with her. That was one of the hard things for me was to hear her cry and cry. So I would play music or read a book so I didn't feel so bad. Keep us up to date. I am sure a lot of mothers really appreciate you writing this down so they don't feel like they are also alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is by far the hardest thing I've had to do as a mommy. I feel for you. We're doing the same thing with Ike right now. Blake is MUCH better about letting him cry. Probably because he doesn't hear it all day long. HA! Just keep at it. Ike is to the point where we can lay him down during the day without a peep. It's night that's the hardest especially when mom and dad are tired. We have to leave the room or else he thinks it's a game. Like the last comment said it's easier if we go watch t.v. or go across the house or even outside for a few minutes so we don't have to hear it. We would also turn our baby monitor to silent and just leave the screen on. But it sounds like you're making good progress. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had cash sleep trained at 2 months. It was SOOO much easier when he was younger. When he was about 8 months he started getting more needy and wanting me to rock him every night. I was weak and let it go on for two months until it was out of control. At ten months I went through the whole process again.....so hard. I feel for you. I learned the hard way, the younger the better.

    ReplyDelete