8.21.2010

Sleep Training: Round 2

I felt liberated after Round 1, but I knew Round 2 wasn't going to be a piece of cake. Although, it was easier than I thought it was going to be. Darin didn't get home until late so I started Linley's bedtime routine about 8 o'clock. The Sleep Sense Program suggests you have your kids in bed much earlier, but baby steps. Darin got home as we were just getting her out of the bath. We put lotion on, got her jammies on, read a story, then I nursed her. She didn't eat a lot so I was worried it wasn't going to be a good night. I could tell she was tired, so I went into the nursery and put her in her crib. She immediately started crying. I sat in the rocking chair, but hollered for Darin because it's supposed to go easier if the husband is the one in the room. Sure enough, the minute I left the room Linley had a few last cries and drifted off to sleep.

She woke up at 11:45 PM. I nursed her in her room, and put her back in her crib. She cried. Darin came in. She fell back asleep.

She woke up again at 2 AM. I woke up startled and a bit out of it. I picked her up, and she ended up in bed with us.

Not a perfect Round, but again we're taking baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment